ABOUT ANDROID FOR EMBEDDED SYSTEMS COURSE
To learn & explore the building of Android for Embedded Platforms and to have a sound knowledge on porting techniques, Device driver access for your Product and services. Linux has continuously grown in the embedded systems market for over a decade, gaining market share from proprietary operating systems. The proliferation of embedded devices, the explosion of open source development, the inherent hardware support, the incredible networking capabilities and the royalty-free economic model have all helped propel use of the Linux kernel into one of the best choices for the design of new embedded systems. While the success of Linux in the embedded market can not be denied, its notoriety was once confined to mostly technical professionals. That changed in 2008 with Google’s release of the Android mobile phone operating system, based on the Linux kernel. Thus began the tremendous growth of Linux in the consumer world, with over one million Android devices being activated every day in 2012 and predictions of total Android devices shipped reaching one billion in 2013.
ANDROID FOR EMBEDDED SYSTEM COURSE OUTCOME
ANDROID FOR EMBEDDED SYSTEM COURSE CURRICULUM
Method of Instruction
- Working knowledge of C++ programming
- Basic knowledge of Linux & Shell Scripting
- Sound Knowledge on Drivers & internals
- Learning about device tree & kernel source tree.
- Learning about development of Char & Block derivers.
- Implementing drivers in OS and analysis.
- Qt 5 Blueprints, by Symeon Huang
- Application Development with Qt Creator - Second Edition, by Ray Rischpater
Internals of Android
- Overview of the Linux Kernel for Android
- Overview Linux Filesystems
- Overview Linux Devices Drivers
- Android source code building
- Getting & Building the Android Source
Repo & Git , Emulator
- Working with repo and git
- How to Download Build & Compiling
- Android Emulator on Windows and Linux Host
- Goldfish & QEMU
- Working with emulator
- Features of Android Toolchain
- Dependency of libc with android build
- Understanding - Rooting the device
- Download Android kernel
- Compile Android kernel
- Prepare Android filesystems
- Porting applications on ARM Board
Preparing and Porting Android for ARM Board